Friday 10 April 2015

Angel Ramirez-Jordan goes in on colorism


So this woman is slandering Kendrick Lamar for marrying his light skinned black girlfriend of 10 years.. Saying he's a sell out, a fake and a traitor.
Uhm….. But she's still black. Light skin and dark skin…. ALL shades of BLACK!!!!!! He's marrying a BLACK woman whom he's been dating for over 10 years. The brother hasn't jumped ship… She's STILL BLACK. I'm light skinned, I'm BLACK. The shade of your skin does not determine your "blackness"… Malcolm X (light skinned), Rosa Parks (light skinned)(light skinned) Huey P Newton (Light skinned)…. But ALL BLACK. My preference in women is DARK SKINNED BLACK WOMEN. But would me dating a woman my complexion take away my authenticity as a pro black brother? NOOOOOO. Because she will still be black. Stop acting like Light skin and dark skin is two different races. Stop trying to segregate our already messed up community. I'm sick of these shadists in our community… The "purists" who feel that unless my skin is as dark as coal that I don't have any rights or place to speak on black issues. Comments like "Technically this N*GGA is not BLACK he's LIGHT SKINNED" (If you don't see the IRONY in that statement then we're all doomed).
The shade of MY blackness does not dictate my authenticity, or my rights to how "pro black" I should be. Guess what Kendrick Lamar is still marrying a SISTER who held him down for 10 years. When it's all said and done isn't that what counts?



1 comment:

  1. I am getting so tired of insecure black people blatantly, practising colorism. My father was a light-skinned black man and he was black!. He was just as afraid of the KKK, just as subjected to white supremacy and just as affected by racism as his DARK SKINNED black wife that he loved very much.

    ReplyDelete