Monday 15 September 2014

Breukelen Bleu and Christelyn Karazin goes in on Faith Dow


 

The Black Woman Think Tank.

21 August · Edited

CASE STUDY.

 

 When Sisterhood Ain’t Sisterly; JEALOUSY, LIES and FOOLISHNESS in the Facebook BWE Community.

 .............................................................................

 As I have mentioned several times before, The Black Woman Think Tank. uses everyday realities as teaching materials, from which to glean insight and advantages in Life. We routinely analyze current events, political and social upheavals, personal experiences and everyday occurrences. In the spirit of that endeavor, I have given my group permission to study everything and everyone, and I have even offered my own experiences, and my own journey, as subject matter to deconstruct and critique, so that my members and I can learn more knowledge about the world us.

 

 I am going to share with my readers, what I have personally learned, from the CASE STUDY, that is Breukelen Bleu and the Black Woman Empowerment Movement. What I say here, is my best and most honest account of what I have learned about people, Black Women and Life, thus far in my own journey. This should not be seen as strange, as I have shared other personal accounts of my journey in other threads.

 

 My page, is NOT a BWE platform in the traditional sense. While many of my beliefs, stances and suggestions align with traditional BWE thought, my message has a distinct purpose and agenda and any member of group can attest to the stark differences they encounter as they engage me personally, and the membership of my Think Tank. I have indeed, been influenced by BWE writings, bloggers and followers and have credited many of them for their impact on my perspectives and ideas. But while I will always honor those who have touched my understanding with their messages and concepts, I will always credit my teachings in Dark Goddess for the giving me the greatest understanding about life, which allows me to share with others, my Wisdom and Knowledge. Despite how much my ideals overlap with BWE philosophy, the principles upon which I built this space, are born out of DARK WISDOM and my teachings in Dark Goddess are the foundations on which I deliver my message. Those women have traveled my Dark Goddess journey with me know exactly what I am talking about.

 

 I have been VERY open about my path to The Black Woman Think Tank., and have left no room for conjecture or theory about who and what I am. At the launch of my fan page, I posted the following piece, which described, in GREAT DETAIL, exactly what led me to create the Think Tank.


 The BWE bloggers who first started to address the issues that BW face almost a decade ago, each also had their own journey, which influenced the particular focus of their platforms. And while I am familiar with many of the founding members of BWE, I have not read each their blogs, cover to cover, nor am I aware of their entire timeline and history in the movement. I have, though, over the years, read articles on a case by case basis, usually after I had written something on a page, thread or post, and someone else posted a link to said article that said something similar to what I had written. Over the years, I became familiar with the various names, philosophies, viewpoints and agendas of the bloggers out there, white at the same time, my OWN ideas, perspectives and Wisdom grew. But it was my Dark Goddess teachings – the many hours I spent in classes, tele courses, book studies and ritual…along with the money I invested, the time I spent and the challenges I faced, as I embraced a new way of thinking…that pushed forward my personal evolution.

 I do not subscribe to any one philosophy or ideal, and I give myself permission to incorporate any line of thinking that I choose, that serves the agenda of my group and those women who are looking for what I have to offer. My work embraces Feminist thought - but is not beholden to it. I support IRR dating/marriage, but its not the only focus. I touch on politics and social justice, but its not where my message stops. My overall theme is to get black women to come FACE TO FACE with their own demons, just as I did in my Dark Goddess journey, by questioning their MORAL and ETHICAL beliefs about themselves, Men and Life, in general.

 

 Unfortunately, little did I know, that by doing so, I would begin the see the TRUTH about the BWE Movement and come to recognize the reason why black women REALLY stay losing up in this bitch; a reason that has little do with black men, white supremacy or ‘the system’. During my 9 months as the founder and facilitator of The Black Woman Think Tank., I have experienced more angst, negativity, jealousy, confusion and outright HATRED from women WITHIN the BWE movement, than I ever have from the women that used to give me such flack on other peoples’ FB threads. I have been amazed at the speed in which women who once supported me, admired me, and sought comradery with me, TURNED on me, and became the most vicious, nasty, chics I have every come across. Within weeks of starting my own thing, women who’s platforms I had supported, suddenly seemed to have a change of heart, about the value and worth of what I had so say. And I have watched as many of these same women have fallen off, one by one, some even going as far as to black and ban me without notice or provocation.

I have been surprised, caught off guard and even perplexed, by the sudden level of vitriol and nastiness I have encountered, by women who once sought me out as for personal counsel, bonding and friendship – women who CLAIM to be all about he “empowerment’ and Sisterhood of Black Women. And as the months have rolled by, I encountered more and more foolishness the likes which I will detail, here…

 

BWE Foolishness Roll Call:

 1. Passive aggressive accusations of THIEVERY and STEALING from other BWE FB pages.

 2. Accusations of ‘stealing’ of overall platform messages and personal delivery styles.

 3. Gossip and rumors about my intentions.

 4. Accusations of pilfering of memes, information and stats from others peoples pages.

 5. Back alley (negative) discussions about what may or may be taking place within my group.

 6. Folk laying claim as “The Force’ behind my Think Tank – and expecting to wield power within it, because of it.

7. Less creative/talented/savvy personas, attempting to use me and FEED off of my creative impetus, to launch their own projects and brands.

 8. Admonishments for making ‘alliances’ with personas/brands with sordid pasts or tainted histories within the movement.

9. Attempts to discredit my name, my ideas, my platform or my agenda.

 10. Nice/nastiness from those who dislike me and what I’ve done, but are not Woman enough to address me personally, opting instead to do so on other peoples pages, platforms and threads.

11. Negative commentary about my being a PAID host of a PRIVATE venture dedicated to the healing and growth of black women.

12. Speculation about my real identity and the trustworthiness of my message.

13. Accusations of my not ‘honoring’ or ‘crediting’ the founders of the BWE movement in my writings or opinions.

 14. Anger at my unwillingness to get caught up in the pre-exiting politics and nasty feelings between older BWE bloggers.

15. Lots of private in boxed discussions about me, my group and my audacity to emerge on the scene without expressed permission of those who were already there.

16. Negative commentary about the rates I charge for membership to my group.

17. Assumptions that I charge for what others do for free.

 18. Questioning of my personal and professional credentials.

19. Suspicions about my absence from past BWE groups, pages or blogs.

20. “Neutral’ commentary about my not having been properly ‘vetted’ by existing BWE figure heads.

 

 Initially, this cattiness and pushback took me aback, as I was unprepared for the amount of UNSISTERLY-LIKE behavior that revealed itself, the MOMENT I started to do my own thing on Facebook. The thing that got me the most, was that NONE of these things happened when I was writing page long commentary on OTHER PEOPLES pages, threads and post. It was only after I started my OWN platform, coupled with my audacity of having the balls to CHARGE for my Wisdom, that I began hearing about all these personal, professional and character flaws I supposedly had.

 

 On a personal level, I have avoided any deep feelings of resentment or angst about my treatment by those whose entire purpose online is SUPPOSED to be Sisterly Love.

 

 But what gets me about all of this, is that it has really shown me WHY black women STAY LOSING IN GENERAL. I can see, that while Becky’an’Em band together, and create not only social and philosophical movements, but also POLITICAL and ECONOMIC ones, Black Women cant get 3 steps past GO!, because of our unwillingness to treat the next BW with respect and work IN TANDEM to achieve common goals. In the end, the harsh truth that I have had to face, that is that the greatest obstacle to the development and ascension of Black Women- is BLACK WOMEN. And it only reinforces my original premise, that the ONLY way some BW will WIN! will be to set themselves apart (even from other seemingly like minded Sistas) and fend for self.

 

 Listen - for all those who read this page, follow my posts and navigate my presence in Facebook, just know that I don’t care about any of the politics of the BWE, and I dont give a shit about any of the pre-existing rivalries and controversies between different factions in the movement. The principles upon which my message is built precludes me from caring about any of that mess. Black Womens' inability to show respect and admiration for any woman who can be perceived as a threat is crazy and is little more than another sad example of why WE STAY LOSING. I dont get personally caught up in any of this foolishness because i dont care about any of it. This shit is part and parcel of why BW stay losing in the first place, and I simply use it as a case study for what NOT to do in my own life.

 

 But for the record, I have been VERY supportive of other women who write about Black Womens issues and have acknowledged them MANY TIMES in my writings - much more than most are willing to openly acknowledge me. All one has to do is scroll through my fan page and see it all in black and white. Whats more interesting thing than my supposed unwillingness to honor other bloggers and writers, is the fact that i have given credit to those women who have directly influenced me in my journey- even when I didn't have to. I have continued to support and share the works of those Sistas who I am currently not on the best terms with, and have not hesitated to post, share or promote those women whose works have merit, even if our personal FB relationship is strained. And even when some have benefitted from MY commentary in the past, having NEVER given ME any credit or acknowledgement; even when they took MY shit, and put in on memes and on posts on their sites and pages, WITHOUT my permission and WITHOUT my consent, i have never shitted on them or called them out or accused them publically of any wrong doing.

 

 But one sided loyalty has many faces. A fact that is not lost on me, now.

 

 So, as I close out, just know that my thoughts are my own, and any similarity to better known writers is simply the organic results of the flow of any ideas, reaching out amongst people over time. I had been writing heavily on these topics before I even knew about many of the veteran BWE bloggers, which is why I was so glad when I found so many like minded women on FB, who I later learned had been influenced by said writers. My path and my journey are mine, and I claim them without qualification and without quantification.

 

 Any association the Black Woman Think Tank. has with other writers/bloggers is done on a case by case, article by article basis. I don't agree with everything a blogger may say on every issue, and there have been times when I co-signed what they have said on one day, and then used what they said to start dialogue about how I DISAGREE on a different topic, the next. I am not locked into ANYTHING and I made this clear in my explanation of Dark Wisdom thread.

 


 

 NONE of this shit is personal for me - although I am finding that is *IS* personal for many of the others in this game. All this political stuff that goes on is simply more foolishness that keeps black women losing, and I REFUSE to honor any of it by participating in it – and this will be the LAST time I address it. My allegiance is to NO ONE. My alliances are where *I* say they are, for as long as *I* say, for the reasons *I* say. Thats DARK WISDOM and it could give a shit about any of that fake morality that others pretend to adhere to.

 

 I do what I want. And I dont need permission from nay a chic, OLD SCHOOL or newbie, to do it. And THAT is what separates "empowerment' from SOVEREIGNTY. I am my Own Woman.

 

 But If i did care, i would be very disheartened by what I have seen from my fellow black women since starting my platform. I would mourn the fact, that in the end, Sistas aint much different than the BM they complain about or the WW they are jealous of. And I want my readers to see, that this catty and passive aggressive, egotistical and silly shit, is WHY our collective doesn’t ever really progress, and why, year after year, movement after movement, we are STILL at Basic Empowerment 101. I am thankful for my Dark Wisdom, because if I had any of my personal worth tied to being a part of this cause, Id have folded up hurt and jaded, a long time ago.

 

 That said, I will continue to write, share my thoughts and expand my platform AS I SEE FIT. Those who benefit from it- great.

 

 Those who dont;

 

 Let the Bodies Hit the Floor.

 

 I dont have any time for these High School Mean Girls antics I see taking place in this 'movement'. It is BENEATH me, and I will deal with it, accordingly. I just shake my head at most of this passive aggressive, paranoid, accusatory and suspicious political posturing, amongst a group of women who for the most part, STAY LOSING and in whom many seem to have undiagnosed psychological and emotional issues. All this shit is just so...pedestrian...to me. I got other shit to do.

 

 But to my readers, learn from MY experience. Use ME as Case Study. Look and see how in the end, Black Womens’ Sisterhood aint Sisterly, at all.

 

 Don’t be fooled.

 

 One sided loyalty has MANY faces. And sometimes it will look just like you.

 

-Breukelen Bleu ©2014.
 




Christelyn Karazin disses Faith Dow



·         Unbelievable the cattiness and jealousy I'm witnessing against BW ThinkTank because (I suspect) she refuses to agree to cliquish, bully-in-the-yard behaviors. I know for a fact some bloggers have suffered because they've refused to break ties with me despite poison in their ears about how much I'm "anti-BWE." Anybody with a grain of sense can look at my BODY OF WORK and know that is an utter lie. Some of you ladies really need to EVALUATE what is REALLY going on, and the TRUE AGENDA of persons who are COMMITTED to be divisive. Are those individuals thriving? Are they happily coupled? Are the regularly employed or running a thriving business or living hand to mouth? Do they own shit? No? Folks talk about vetting, ya'll need to look at the lives of the folks causing continued ire and stirring up trouble every three months. Bleu is talented, thoughtful, and puts her business on the street to HELP others. She doesn't try to make folks feel inferior so she can feel superior. Some of you all need to check yourselves. Question anyone who demands you be a mindless sycophant when they've got absolute SHIT going for them. Now you gossips can go tell THAT.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment